Home    Deals    Projects    Recipes    Random   

Thursday, September 15, 2011

PVC Pixie Hut


Fairies are another favorite in my house. I wanted to make a little spot where my girls could read. Well it evolved into another little hut to play in. This is a Pixie Hut made out of PVC pipe and vinyl.

I painted on the inside of the vinyl and than mod podged the back so the paint wouldn't chip off.
The pipes are 3 different sizes that I picked up at Home Depot. The sizes were 1 1/4 inch, 1/2 inch. The small vines are just irrigation pipe. After I connected everything together I spray painted them. I used the connectors for the irrigation pipes to connect the smaller pieces. There are many different connectors you can use in the same place as the pipe.

This stuff doesn't bend or form easily. The best way is to heat it with a blow torch. I just used my creme brulee torch. I cut out vinyl in the shapes I wanted for the leaves and decor. I used a drill to make holes in the bottom so I could stick the 1/2 inch pipe into the 1 1/4 inch pipe.
And there you have it a homemade child size Pixie Hut.

Now with a little faith, trust, and pixie dust my little fairies are right at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment