Home    Deals    Projects    Recipes    Random   

Monday, July 18, 2011

Minnie Mouse Cake


This was what I made for my daughters first birthday. My girls love Minnie Mouse. I was able to make everything with what I had in the kitchen. I used marshmallow fondant (so much better than the store bought stuff!) that I made in my kitchen aid. And butter cream frosting. It was a lot of work but turned out beautiful.

My daughters helped stamp out the polka dots. So it was a fun activity for everyone.

The ears are actually brown. I thought it beat making a trip to the craft store. I just mixed all the colors in equal portions to make the brown. After adding a lot of food coloring. I ended up having to add more and more and more powder sugar to change it back to fondant from sticky brown goo. In the end I wished I would have just gone to the craft store.

The pink is a neon pink. It came in a kit from the grocery store. It was located next to the primary colors.

*****Gloves are a must when mixing your own fondant and food coloring!*****

No comments:

Post a Comment