Home    Deals    Projects    Recipes    Random   

Friday, October 14, 2011

Styrofoam Sword

Styrofoam Sword made from a swimming noodle.

On Guard!
These are so easy and one noodle can make about 10 swords. So its perfect for party favors, Halloween or whatever your little knight might need.I really recommend that you use the noodles shaped like these ones I have in the picture. They are kind of flower shaped.



First you just cut the noodle to the length you want your sword.

Than cut the sword piece off following the divisions already in the foam


Than take the other full piece and cut off about an inch and a half (depending on how many swords you want to make and how big you want the hilt of the sword).
It should look like a little flower. Make small slits on the inside so you can easily slide your sword into the hilt.







Connect the sword by putting long piece of the foam into the flower piece. You can than shape the sword by cutting off the excess and making a dull point on the end with scissors. I also used a lighter to burn away the excess flakes.











I used push pins for the gems. (Warning those did pop out so I would recommend using a glue gun).
I spray painted them and put glitter on the purple one while it was still wet. Warning: Valspar Finishing Touch made the foam sticky and never really dried, (now my hands are red). But the Valspar that was .96 cents at Walmart worked fine. Also the purple is Krylon brand and that worked the best. (Sorry, :{ I don't know how to stop it from automatically underlining everything).


Happy Dueling. :)

1 comment:

  1. Tiff, this is so creative and cute!! I love the flower handle! So girly!! Never thought I would say that about a sword. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete